Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Type Experiments: Continuing to Make

I began to explore more of the two-dimensional part of my question as I considered creating a three-dimensional illusion on screen (a flat surface). This was then placed on a three-dimensional surface that looks as if it could be two-dimensional surface from a specific angle. I chose to use a very structured typeface and created a optically two dimensional type that is created using only lines. This focused on each point of the typeface.





Optical Illusion Circle Experiment:


Exploring illusion through directional lines to spell "OK":


(This was when I discovered that erasing the typeface I used to connect the lines
would reveal their form underneath! This process was then used to create the word "see" shown above)





No comments:

Post a Comment