Friday, December 11, 2009

Discovery


(Shown Left: RGB Leaf)

As I put together my course archive CD for Color, Drawing & Form, I was reminded of all I have been introduced to in the past few months. At the beginning of the semester, the class was given a paper that asked specific questions concerning our comfort with certain design techniques, tools and elements. Regardless of whether or not I didn't understand them or it had just been a long summer, I was almost embarrassed to check more than a few as "unfamiliar" (specifically in the area of orthographic and oblique drawing). As the semester progressed, it was obvious that these questions presented the class with the opportunity to, not only be introduced, but to learn through them. The color portion of the class has also been a great experience. I have had little to no formal color education, so sifting through Color Aid was definitely a learning (and sometimes frustrating) experience. After studying this, I was able to be enthusiastic about the creation of my color book. However, I will admit that I am not altogether satisfied with the end prints (despite many test prints) but I really enjoyed the theme overall. This semester has introduced me to areas of graphic design that I didn't think existed and remain something I am interested in and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment