- What are the top 5 values that are most likely shared by the residents of Ivanhoe
- Would adults or youth benefit more from organized community services?
- Would adults or youth be more responsive to organized community services?
- Are there sub-neighborhoods found within Ivanhoe (rivalries?)
- Give an example of the daily life of a resident in Ivanhoe (Male, Female, Child)
- What are some of the biggest challenges with setting up positive services within the community?
Mentor children and youthAssist with clerical tasksOrganize special projectsRecruit volunteers
· Innovative strategies to address weatherization of homes within the zone.
· A coordinated community policing and community services center.
· A multi-pronged housing improvement program for current homeowners and residents.
· An employment and training program coordinated both with zone activities and business interests outside of the zone.
· Development and implementation of a sustainability strategy for the zone, including energy efficiency and renewable energy sources and green solutions to water and waste water issues
· Installation of a smart grid by Kansas City Power and Light, and integration with other energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives.
· Development and implementation of an economic development strategy.
· An integrated strategy to address abandoned and foreclosed properties and vacant lots.
Their Solution = the zone has assembled a core team of leaders within the neighborhood and community development organizations in the zone, as well as the programmatic, nonprofit, private, and civic leadership necessary to support a comprehensive strategy that will transform the entire zone.