Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reading Response: Type, Image, Message

"The reality is that no one is naturally good at combining type and image."

I wouldn't say that the reading changed my thoughts on the combination of type and image, although it did expand on it. Considering a couple of my thoughts and sketches for this project that include simple images, it is especially important for me to consider that the photograph should remain somewhat incomplete without the addition of text as well as the way the images will eventually interact with my image. Reminding myself of this will be useful as I shoot and combine images. Looking over my sketches I employ a lot of simple separation. Developing these ideas further it will be interesting to play around with fusion, fragmentation and inversion considering my images and aesthetic of the poster.



No comments:

Post a Comment